South Africa’s socio-political and economic climate is hostile.
- Unemployment keeps rising
- Virtually zero-growth economy
- Big business is cutting costs
- State looting has impacted on the public sector’s ability to provide jobs and support business
- NHI places huge uncertainty on the future of the healthcare industry
- Eskom shows no certainty that it can keep the lights on
- Emigration is compounding a growing skills shortage and shrinking the tax base
Sweat, Scale, $ell is audaciously optimistic as it sets out to show every business owner, entrepreneur and budding entrepreneur that it is possible to succeed in this miserable economy.
That’s how South Africa is going to climb out of this: Private business owners taking opportunities and building capacity day by day, obstacle by obstacle. Showing the world what innovation and problem-solving is really about. These are the people who need our attention, and this book gives business owners simple, practical tools to apply every day in their businesses, to build resilience against the relentless challenges that come with running a business in South Africa.
Use the stories of real business owners and experiences in Sweat, Scale, $ell to build your business into an Asset of Value™ and take advantage of uncertainty and chaos.
ABOUT THIS AUTHOR
Pavlo Phitidis is the co-founder and CEO of Aurik Business Accelerator, through which he has worked with over 1 500 businesses across four continents to accelerate business growth and deepen value. He is a growth commentator for various media outlets including a weekly feature on The Money Show on 702 and CapeTalk.
Sweat, Scale, $ell is published by Pan Macmillan